Tuesday 6 November 2012

Self Portrait 2012 TCR #135 Digital

I loved this palette from The color Room challenge no #135 - it seemed to be dripping with vibrant colours, and although i'm not a great purple fan, it does go really well with the tan and the pink in the palette. The tan was a bit confusing to me for a while - it seemed to be called Advocado and I actually had to check the colour coding to make sure it was tan and not some kind of green, and my printer had just printed it wrong.

This is another digital layout. I still can't take myself to my scrap table and scrap. I can't do alot of things at the moment, so I'm kind of glad that some of the creative me bits are coming back after such a long absence.

Self Portrait 2012 digi page
I spent some time on this page trying to get paper-based-like effects to work. It was kind of fun. My Pickle berry pop kits have been a Godsend. I still can't quite believe the change in the quality and variety since I last looked (about 4 years ago).

This page is kind of self explanatory. This was a series of pics I did about 4 weeks ago when I was realy depressed. Stuff happens. But I've got forced smile pics to use afterwards for scrapping.

It's a bit more messy than I would have liked. Maybe I lost a bit of patience in the end.

***WOW. This page was featured for TCR #135. I'm honored!***

Ingredients: Adobe Fireworks, my pics of my petunias, my own created tags (trying to copy those on the sketch), my own created staples, Free Scrapbooking "Font" capital S and capital P, Pickle berry Pop kits : Love Birds, Inner Peace, Always in my Heart, Light Feelings, Tallula Moon Sunset, and buttons from one of The Color Room digital kits.

smaller file for those with less computer grunt:


5 comments:

  1. I think you have done brilliantly. Love your Digi page. I never knew you were a digi girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lydell. I don't consider myself a digi girl - I'm only on day 5 of my digi layouts. I did do training in Photoshop and Fireworks 15 years ago, and I can get by with that still today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my "macabre Dostoevsky" page. :)

    Congrats on being featured at TCR--that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously ROCK Kylie!! good good stuff this one!! LOVE how you tackled the palette with such a fab result. WTG chickie! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic Kylie, I have yet to venture into digi scrap so I am very impressed. I am new to blogging too. All a bit confusing! I have yet to be able to submit a page,you have inspired me to keep trying. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...