Sunday 4 August 2013

Wintery Day 2013 digi layout

I really expected my page to be dark and dismal, bleak and cold, but when I really looked at the painting below, all I could find was an array of amazing earthy colours, and then I remembered this shot I took when my Mum and Dad visited a few weeks ago, and thought - hey - that photo would go with those colours! So I made a page around that.

I love the watery effect in the painting, and really wanted to transfer some of that into my layout. Unfortunately I haven't yet mastered exactly how Fireworks uses masking on layers, so I have to cheat it. For some reason Fireworks does it, but then won't display the image on its layer, and won't export it out either.

It was amazing to suddenly realise that I could change these black 'masks' into any colour I wanted and chop off any bits I really didn't like or obscured something. I haven't really done much of that before. I'm really happy with the result. It could have been a little more 'watery' but it does look like Winter, so I'm really glad I gave the challenge a go.

Oh, and if you notice how warmly dressed my parents are, and how I'm not - that's because I'm used to 10 degree days and overnight frosts - my parents aren't - they live on the coast!


ARTastic Challenge Blog Aug 2013

Wintery Day 2013 - for ARTastic Challenge Blog Aug 2013



Ingredients: CSI Coordinates #57 red birdie (changed to navy), CSI Coordinates #50 lace (edge), Feli Designs Inner Peace Fabric Flower No7, Fayette Time 4 Dreams Leaf1 Beige, Far Far Hill Freebies Kit Lace Kit 002 (cream),Angie Young Follow Your Art Imagine ‘Clipping Mask 5’(on photo), Cilenia Curtis ArtBox13 ‘B1-2b’ (changed to grey blue in behind photo), [Cilenia Curtis Inklings2 Ink2, Ink4 (changed to various colours)], Fonts: Curlz & Arial Narrow, Software: Adobe Fireworks

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow - this page is just brilliant. Very clever use of these elements and the recolouring of your mask looks sensational. I really love your work Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jane Kylie. You have created an awesome page.Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have taken the colours as your inspiration. You have created a very appealing page with beautiful elements and perspective. Well done. Thanks so much for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've picked up the colours beautifully. I love how your photo seems to explode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing page Kylie...just love all your clever digi-ing, style, soft colours & photo!
    Thank you for playing along at ARTastic with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Beautiful use of all those elements! Thanks for joining in this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever layout, Kylie. Great interpretation of the challenge. I'm still mastering typing skills so I don't think I'll be doing any Digi-style scrapping any time soon but I do admire those like you who have obviously mastered the techniques. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is fantastic to make the paint look so real with a digi LO...
    ....Amazing!!! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at ARTastic this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous digi page! Well done Kylie! Thanks for joining in ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...