Sunday 16 July 2017

A Rose Is A Rose Jul 2017

I don't know if I've done many pages on my love of films - particularly older ones (1930 - 1969 - I always extend to 1969 to get in movies like The Sound of Music and some later Audrey Hepburn films, but consider personally anything after Jaws as a modern film!) but when I saw the Kraft challenge 'Roses Three Ways' july 2017 all I could think about was the 1952 movie Singing In the Rain and the song Moses Supposes or A Rose Is a Rose. Being winter here, I've watched a spate of my old films on the cold nights in front of the heater, and it just reminded me of the musicals I do love.  I like some musicals, but far from all, so I do not consider myself a Musical Buff. Musicals with too much singing and not enough story bore me to death.

To get the 'roses three ways' was actually a challenge. I used photos of real roses, then some petals I pressed and scanned that were from flowers at my Nan's funeral, a black mask of a rose and a leaf, an old vintage rose which I turned into a 'tattoo' on my face, some patterned paper with roses on it, and the wording from the Moses Supposes song. I also used rose twice in my title. So way more, in the end, than the three ways!

A Rose Is A Rose digi Jul 2017 - Kraft challenge



Ingredients: Chip Chop Shop doily white and red (scanned), Tiramisu Des Vintage Patterned Papers Vol 6 no 9 (roses), Alexis Design Studio Decadence Alpha (round letters), Angie Young Get Crafty Collage Sheet no 25 (journal block), Free Vintage Clipart - pink roses cascade (tattoo’d on my face!), Basic Grey Hello Luscious Flourishes no 1 (black rose) and no 4 (leaf) (, Vero CU Roses Volume 153 red rose 1, 2, 5, red rose petals (pressed and scanned from flowers from my Nan’s funeral), Moses Supposes lyrics from Singing in the Rain movie, fonts : courier new, Blackadder ITC, Far Far Hills Freebies Kit Shabby Clock 007,  background: Photo Textures Vol 1 Sarahh Graphics - Text Beige.




4 comments:

  1. A wonderful layout Kylie, with so many rose elements. Thanks for playing along at Kraft+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so creative, I love the pops of red and fabulous design too.. thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie - so lovely to see you creating here with this fantastic take on the Rose challenge. Loved reading your journalling and especially like the rose across your face. Fantastic work. Thanks for playing along at Kraft+

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the journaling!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...