Monday 23 October 2017

Who is the most talented person I know? Oct 2017

I love love loved the pretty CSI palette for #240 so I really wanted to do a page - and probably in the shabby chic genre. Of the questions in the inspiration, no 20 stuck out the most to me - 'Who is the most talented person I know?' really made me think. My Dad is good at wood turning. Mum is good at general cooking. My cousin is a professional artist. But what do I consider talent?

So I put this page together about my Nan because one of the main reasons why I liked her was she was so good at so many things - and really really good. Many of which I was no good at! And although she is no longer living, the things she made are still here - her crochet'd rugs, furniture, and things she owned like this cake tin, which remind me of her.

Talented Person - Oct 2017 digi layout - CSI #240

CSI #240 challenge
i will come back and put the ingredients in.

The Scheme - yes
Testimony : October Prompt no 20, decorate your journal 'spot'
Evidence: polka dots, stripes, strawberry, heart, cake, butterfly, flowers, ric rac, texture paste (white), pleating, something dangling (butterfly pendant), pearls, stamp, sprinkle something (beads)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie ☺. I love that you decided to go with your Nan as the talented person. I enjoyed reading about her many skills. How nice that you still have some of her things.
    Your layout has a homespun feel to it. The rows of ribbon, ric-rac, and laces, is really pretty. I also really like how you did the title work. Well done. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! Love this delicious layout, Kylie! The textures and details on here are so pretty, and the photos are just perfect with these colors. Loved reading about yoru talented Nan--I see creativity runs in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those deserts look yummy!! Awesome take on case 240! Thank you for playing detective along with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous layout Kylie, and great reminder of your grandmother. I had one like yours, very special. Thanks for joining us at CSI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a quaint little cake shop with ruffles and ric rac, scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love all that color yet it doesn't look too busy. I love the ruffles and the ribbons and I want to touch every bit of it! I also love that your Nan was so special to you. My Grandma was just like that too and many of the things she made are still here too. It's great to document our fond memories of the special people in our lives and you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...