Sunday 29 April 2018

Something Blue... April 2018

WOW. The Kraft +1 team came up with another great challenge for April 2018 - Something Old, something new, something borrowed and something blue! I thought long and hard about this, and then thought my digital scrapbooking journey fits those categories rather well. When I started out, I was a total newbie with some Photoshop like training. I didn't know anything! I bought some kits I thought I liked and started to make pages, not realising that half what I bought only had one use, had a whole of host of things in there I didn't like and didn't use, or was poor quality.

However, I still got lucky - there are two or three items and one patterned paper from that very first few kits that I still use. Since then, I've gone here or there, following what others have on their blogs and trying kits out, working out what I need, and trying to find it. Sometimes its still impossible to get what I'm really looking for; then I have to make it up myself, but slowly, the technology has gotten better and there is way more variety out there.

But I'm so glad I came on the digi scrapbooking journey - to have the creative control and do just about ANYTHING I can imagine is pretty powerful. My inspiration for the page was Louise Nelson's beautiful page which I cut and stuck in my layout. This is strange - because years ago, Louise inspired me in the IRL scrapbooking too (look far below to see my early page inspired by Louise)

Something Blue April 2018 Kraft +1 challenge
Kraft+1 challenge



Ingredients: Akizo Designs Wishing & Hoping arrow no 2, Basic Grey Black Tie Patterned Papers - Verlaine (old), Sweetly Scrapped patterned paper - Kraft 1563378,  Kimeric Kollections Sisters - String 1, Dee Bee Designs Love Birds kit [heart & bow], Scrap Art Studios (Cilenia Curtis) Just Basics 01 Tags, Angie Young FYA Aug 2012 Imagine Masks (blue splotch), Tallula Moon Color Block Sunset kit (clip),  Designs by Helly Leave This World Behind (blue flower), CSI #96 Word Art Typewriter Keys, Sarahh Graphics Sunday With Grandma (‘blue’ font), Far Far Hill Love Lyrics freebie kit, etc


'Daylily' my IRL page created in 2010 inspired by a page
created by Lousie Nelson! (and on Kraft as it so happens)
I actually stitched those tiny flower buttons onto the page!


3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the challenge Kylie and like you, Louise has been an outstanding mentor and teacher for me. Love the bold blue splats, the hanging tag and most of all the journalling!! You knew I was going to say that didn't you? Thanks for joining us at Kraft+ this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Helen. Good to see u again. (of course I'm not a mind reader but I do like to journal on my pages - otherwise I'd just paint a painting).

      Delete
  2. Kylie this is amazing! I love how you've shared your thoughts about scrapping and the journey you've taken. Great to see your work at Kraft Plus!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...