Wednesday 28 November 2012

My Nan.. breaking records

My nan is still recovering at a fast rate. She is bright and chipper and talkative (still with dementia though) and she is now walking using the frame with wheels (she calls it her wheelie). I'm visiting her every second day after work on weekdays, and in the afternoon on one day on a weekend.

I've gone back and forth a bit and burned a bit of petrol; a whole tank in 1.5 weeks. That's a record for me.

Nan's hip is healing well and some of the bruising is now turning yellow. She dressed every day, sits up in a chair in her room, does her physio, and I've just taken across her crochet and organised a TV for her in the room. Hopefully that will stop her being too demandinig on the staff; at the other hospital she shouted out to a nurse as she was helping someone else "hey you. you there - you girl! come here!" at the top of her lungs.

She's not bedridden or depressed (yet) and some people who see her wonder what she's doing there. Anyone else with her injury wouldn't look like she does (certainly not me!).

It's still a waiting game though. Until the assessment is done in a few weeks I won't know if she gets to go back to her aged care home or not.

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to hear your Nan is doing well! You must be such a shining light to her : ) Take care gorgeous lady and love & peace to you!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...