Saturday 22 February 2014

Sparkle Card 2014 digi

I've only ever done a sketch for a card once before, but when I came across the Feeling Sketchy Sketch #80 comp I thought I'd give it a try. I was a bit nervous, and it took about five re-takes to get to this one, which I really like. I'm still in remember Shirley mode, and one of things I recall from an interview with another child star, was that Shirley's mother always said to Shirley "Sparkle Shirley" and Shirley would light up in front of the camera. This photo has that 'sparkle'. So I used that as the basis for my card.

I used the colours that were in the photo across the card to help tie it all in a bit - quite difficult colours to get the balance right - but I was happy with this.

Sparkle Card 2014 digi for Feeling Sketchy #80


Ingredients: CSI Coordinates #92 tags silhouettes sparkles (quote), Basic Grey Euphoria Textures –Texture1 (used in the background in different colours), Feli Designs A Thing of Beauty – Swirly Flower (turned into silhouette),  LorieM Designs Doodles & Shapes c7 ‘5 Outline’, PrelestnayaP Designs Because of You el14 (white material flower),  Far Far Hill Pearl Summer Freebies kit 004 (pearl string), Far Far Hill Freebies Kit Romantic Frames 005, created in Adobe Fireworks.

5 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. Great frame, flourishes & coloring. You did a wonderful job on this...nice tribute.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! Love the frame, flourishes and little details you used to tie this all together! Great take on the sketch!! R.I.P Shirley Temple. Thank you for playing along with us at The Feeling Sketchy Blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. I love the photo of Shirley and the sentiment. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a delightful page Kylie. How fabulous to scrap our Shirley in such a marvellous way.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT @ Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card... very creative! Thanks for playing along with us at Feeling Sketchy!!
    Hugs,
    Cathy DT

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...