Monday 14 April 2014

Music With Attitude 2014 digi scrapbooking layout

I've surprised a few people who know me well by sharing how much I love rap music. I've always liked it - from the early 1990's onwards, but have recently re-connected with all it and all the latest artists. Although I love classical music (and a host of other genres) rap is one of the few that speak to me with ATTITUDE. ATM my favs are Flo Rida, Pitbull and Nicki Minaj, but I also love tracks by other artists like 50 cents, Eninem, Lil Wayne, and lots of other emerging artists.

I don't know much about their personal lives, or what was behind writing or performing the music, but I love listening to it. Like the first time I heard Pink's song "So What" where she chainsawed the tree/power pole with her once sweetheart's initials carved into it, and wishing.. 'wow. I wish I could get my angry out like that!'. Even though Pink is not technically rap music, of course!

In the past I used to buy rap music on mixed albums, so people like Bobby Brown or groups like LA Style (particularly their song James Brown Is Dead).

I loved this Orange Paperie challenge - circles and flourishes. Flourishes are my all time fav addition to a scrapbooking page. I love them even more when I moved to a digital environment.

Music With Attitude 2014 - digi layout - for Orange Paperie April 2014 challenge -circles with flourishes


Ingredients : Far Far Hills Freebies Kit Clock & Gears - 004, DB Designs Love Birds kit - FrameCircle, Far Far Hills Freebies Vintage Ornaments kit - 0017, Far Far Hill Freebies kit - Nocturne - el5 (flower), CSI Coordinates #47 journal block (changed to black/grey), The Ettes Fayette Terlouw Time 4 Dreams - ‘staple’ (ribbon stitching), Shawna Clingerman - 52 Smashup - arrow 1, K Cronin Barrow A Christmas Wonderland: Joyful - card (patterned paper background),
Fonts: Ithornet (attitude), Always forever (music with), Alba Super (current favs)

Here's the layout I did about Pink (in the days when I was still scrapping IRL!! (it's one of the most visited pages on my blog for some reason). I took a lot of angry out on that page.

Angry Pink layout see details here

4 comments:

  1. Wow you always amaze me Kylie. Loved reading about your love of different types of music. A amazing layout and I have to say I LOVE your Pink page and can understand why it is a fave of people. Thanks so much for joining in on the challenge
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun take on my challenge Kylie. I like that you've shared some of your music tastes with us. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love what you create Kylie....awesome design (as always)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Orange Paperie & Co

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Kylie, love your style xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...