Monday 1 May 2017

Happy Birthday Dad Card 2017 digi

I've noticed that the birthday cards for my Dad are always quite detailed and rarely based on a digital scrapbooking page I've already created as mid year I usually have time to create something from scratch (whereas other family members are closer to Christmas). That said, this year I did actually use a page as a base - my 'Art Fix' page.

Happy Birthday Dad 2017 digi card

I was inspired by the Cardz 4 Guys challenge blog which required a card to be "brown", but missed out on that comp. Still, I ended up with a really good card, and one I feel my Dad would like. I put lots of wood in and only a tiny amount of flowers. I was really happy with it.

This is the scrapbooking page I created before the card which I used as a base :
Art Fix 2017 digi scrapbooking page
Although this method is scraplifting my own work, it does help get a card out quicker and also gives me a chance to use my creativity to put a different spin on the card/2nd project.



Card Ingredients :
Far Far Hills Freebie Kit Wooden Backgrounds 003, corrugated cardboard (scanned myself), Cocomint Vintage Silhouettes Children - hoop & sailboat, Sugar Plum Designs A Boys Story - tread, Far Far Hills Freebies Kit Spring Day 002 (wagon wheel), Far Far Hills Freebies Kit Vintage Ornaments 0011, Far Far Hills Freebies Kit Light Wood 005 (texture for 0011 behind photo), Far Far Hills Leather Labels kit 002 and 003, Far Far Hills Spring Labels 0011 (frame around photo), Far Far Hills 50 old mechanical parts vintage scans 001/002, Lara’s Digital World Bye Bye Summer Elements - flower1 (blue grape hyacinth), flower2 (blue flower), Yalana Designs Light Feelings no 14 (small turquoise flowers), Rachael’s Scraps Flowers Vol 24 - no7 (white flowers), Paper Garden Project Sweet Anemone Kit - Leaf 2, free digital scrapbooking.com Satin Gold lettering, etc


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...