Sunday 2 July 2017

It's All In the Detail July 2017

I've really been going to town with my new camera and taking lots of birds - most of which I thought I knew really well, only to discover that I really don't! I'm seeing details I never knew existed by reviewing my pics and really studying them.

Its amazing  - especially as I have been bird watching now for over 10 years.

So I thought the challenging Archiscraps July comp would be a good chance to get one of my bird photos into a scrapbooking page. I've spent most of my time over the past few months editing, reviewing and deleting bird photos from various outings rather than actually getting time to put the photos into layouts or on cards.

I've used a photograph of a White Throated Treecreeper - a little bird that goes up trees and pokes its beak into crevices to get grubs out. It is quite common in my area and I've seen lots of them over the years, but never up this close and personal. I really loved the challenge - it forced me to use colours I wouldn't normally put together and use the inspiration from the photo to create a landscape for my bird photo.



It's All In the Detail - digi scrap page - Archiscraps July 2017

This was the inspiration (and to use stucco effect) :






I will come back and put the ingredients in.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Kylie, beautiful , love the colour combinations and thank you for joining in at Archiscraps this month
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning page. I love everything. Thanks for joining in with us over at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout and fantastic effects. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is beautiful Kylie. Thanks for being part of our challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at archiscraps

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...