Thursday 28 September 2017

lots and lots and lots and lots Sept 2017

dfsdf


Archiscraps Sept 2017 challenge was challenging. I've got lots of 'collections' and interests that would fit as well as love alot of scrap products like patterned papers, flowers and buttons. What to hone in on? What to do the page on?

And there was the inspiration to think of. All those little houses and almost a christmas page palette of warm reds and greens and creams.

I kept thinking of the theme.. lots of something. And then I remembered my stamp collections, and in particular my (previous?) obession with Queen Head stamps. I don't even know if its a legit thematic collection theme but from when I was little and Dad would get postcards and letters from his relatives in England I was fascinated by this little stamps, which, unlike our Australian coinage, the 'Queens Head' never got any older on the stamps.The colours. The variations. And over the years, the Queen Heads stamps changed with the change in postage across to stickers and first and second class and a myriad of other things. Some stamps were larger, but I really liked the small ones best.

I think this is where I first got a taste of design colours other than the common kiddy red, blue, green and yellow that I was accustomed to. I soak hundreds of used Queen Heads stamps over the years. And all my other thematic collections and picking up unusual or errors in stamps came from this collection.


Queen Heads? digi scrapbooking layout Archiscraps Sept 2017

Archiscraps inspiration plus 'lots of something'

I will come back later and put my page ingredients in.

6 comments:

  1. What an interesting story, Kylie. It made me take a few moments to study the stamps and look for the subtleties. I love your page! Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering Kylie. Interesting, I remember this as my grandfather collected stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kylie, what a great layout and so so very special and interesting. I too had a few of these stamps that my dear Mum had collected from her relos living in England. Well done and thanks for playing along this month at Archiscraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you with us again, Kylie. I adore your take on the "lots" prompt - a wonderful pairing of your lifelong interest & a graphically interesting page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page and love your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at Archi-scraps

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love seeing your work Kylie. Thank you for joining in at Archiscraps this month
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...